Wednesday 30 July 2014

My Dad's 70th Birthday card

Hi everyone,

I am sure you will all agree that I am the worst daughter in the whole wide world, I forgot to send my lovely father a 70th Birthday card on time (he's holidaying over the other side of the world at the moment). I'm not even a couple of days late, I'm a whole month and a half late!! Whoops!! I am really hoping he forgives me when he sees the effort that went into making this card for him.

This was created with a larger sized card so I had plenty of room for all my little sentiments which were printed in different fonts from my computer. I did a lot of inking around everything to give it an aged look, hope you like it, I know it is very different from my usual style.



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Scrapbook Boutique - Photo inspiration - inspired by the colours
Simon Says Stamp (Mon) - J is for ... Just a little bit late (hehe), "July" card for "June" Birthday  
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - Emboss it (cogs and pocket watch are heat embossed)

Thank you so much for dropping by and extra special thanks to my lovely followers and visitors that leave some beautiful comments for me, they warm my heart.

XOX Lucy

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure your Dad will totally understand, what a wonderful very personalized card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your Dad has got a sense of humour, and you have counted his age so precisely LOL Amazing male card, love this unusual layout. Thank you for an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful masculine card! I'm sure your dad is gonna love it, even though it's a bit late! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. tut tut tut lol I am sure he forgives you if not you will be out of his will lol fabulous card,great layout,and love the selection of dies and embellishments -hope he appreciates the precise months and days lol-brilliant card and love the distressing
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Lucy! this is awesome, a wonderful birthday card for your Dad! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy