Monday 12 June 2017

The Wallpaper and Painter Guy Birthday card (Dr Digi image)

Hi Crafty Friends,

I was totally inspired by this image from Dr Digi's to create a scene where's he's scruffily putting up wallpaper. I had seen a similar type card ages ago on Pinterest and it's always been on my mind to have a go myself. 

Once I'd finished my card I showed my husband and mentioned how I'd cut wood designer paper into strips, inked them to make them look like floorboards - he asked me did I cut them in different widths so that the "closest" floorboard was much bigger than the "back" floorboard - Well how clever is he!?! Now that he's said it I just keep thinking how I needed to do that to give it a more realistic look, next time lol. I used some liquid pearls for the "paint".



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Brown Sugar - anything goes
Catch the Bug - the fast and the furious 
C.R.A.F.T. - inspired by a film - The Money Pit
Crafty Catz -  anything goes with optional twist dies/punches (paintbrush die)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - anything goes with patterned paper 
Creatalicious - anything goes with optional twist: use your fave colour - red 
Creative Inspirations - your favourite things - scene cards, red, patterned papers
Cute Card Thursday - boys/men 
Di's Digis - Birthdays
Not Just Cards - summer challenge anything goes 
Polkadoodles - anything goes wk 22
Ribbon Girl - June card challenge 
Simon Says Stamp (Mon) - masculine
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - make it masculine 
Star Stampz - make it for a man
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  

Have a great day,

XOX Lucy

15 comments:

  1. Great card! Love your painter in a he red overalls and great touch with the curling wallpaper! Thanks for playing at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I LOOOOOOVE THIS CARD!!! I mean, obviously as I'm shouting at you! Lol! Seriously, I jut love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Lucy! I love the design and fabulous details. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card Lucy! I love how you've peeled back some of the "wallpaper".
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card love the mismatched and peeling paper a brilliant idea and tell your husband the flooring looks perfect lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done!! Love this clever and fun creation Lucy! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning. Of course loving the image but what a great scene you have set. Loving the wall paper effect and the floor boards and skirting boards so realistic.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
    Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous thank you for joining into our challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a super card, love the paper rolls, thank you for joining us at crafty catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lucy, this is just so much fun! I absolutely love the bits of curled-up wallpaper, that's such a great idea! Thanks for joining in again at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and movie appropriate! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have all the themed embellies you added yo your awesome card! Thanks for getting "Fast & Furious" with us at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug Challenge blog. Good luck in the draw.
    Jen L
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness - too fabulous with the wall paper rolls and paintbrush - love the creativity. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute design. Love the 'wallpaper' look and the paint/paintbrush - how realistic. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Star Stampz. AJ DT SS

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Love how you've made that wallpaper...
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use your favourite colour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy